The TPG Planning team operates from TPG’s offices in Auckland, Palmerston North, Wellington and Christchurch, providing nationwide coverage to our clients. Our staff are experienced Resource Management Act (RMA) practitioners with a proven track record of providing incisive advice to a wide range of clients in local government, the private sector, central government, Iwi and the third sector. We provide a full range of RMA based services, including the following:
- Processing resource consent applications for local authorities.
- Preparation of resource consent applications for land use and subdivision projects.
- RMA due diligence and feasibility advice to assist clients in understanding whether to proceed with projects and how.
- Preparation of district plan changes for local authorities and private plan change requests for private clients.
- Preparation of notices of requirement and outline plan applications for designations / public works.
- Independent commissioner services for local authorities.
- Preparing submissions for clients on notified resource consents, plan changes and designations.
- Preparing expert planning evidence for Council hearings, the Environment Court and High Court.
- Mediation of planning issues under dispute.
We are also experts with Special Housing Areas under the Housing Accords and Special Housing Areas Act, having obtained consents for private clients and processed Special Housing Area applications for local authorities.
Working from within our RMA Planning team is our Urban Planning and Design team. This team provides complementary services to our RMA planners, specialising in the following areas:
- Masterplanning services for individual sites and large scale subdivision.
- Urban design assessments and advice to support development proposals.
- Urban design assessments for local authorities.
We also have a large network of professionals from related disciplines that we can draw on so that every step of the way you have consistent advice and a smooth project delivery. We will work closely with you to fully understand your goals, challenges and issues so that we can come up with a purpose-fit solution.